Handling Customer Objections with LAER: The Bonding Process®- Dimensions of Professional Selling®
LAER: The Bonding Process® is a foundational topic in Carew’s Dimensions of Professional Selling® sales training program. In this module of the DPS program, you’ll learn tools and strategies for building productive, long-term relationships and developing prospects into committed customers through excellence in communication.
- Learn a simple, defined and repeatable process – LAER: The Bonding Process® – to handle customer objections, defuse anger and overcome resistance to move forward in the sales process.
- Understand how to be customer-centric and uncover opportunities within customer objections.
- Adopt techniques to help you identify customer needs from their perspective and clarify their points of value more efficiently.
Here’s a summary of the LAER essentials!
- Empathetic, attentive, non-judgmental listening is important to creating a safe climate in which the customer can express his or her feelings.
- The customer must be allowed sufficient time to express his or her thoughts without interruption.
- Non-judgmental listening demonstrates concern for the customer’s objection, without preconceived judgments or overreaction.
- Acknowledging takes the form of a supportive statement, a restatement of the issue, or some positive nonverbal gesture, such as a nod of the head or a facial expression that denotes interest.
- Acknowledging demonstrates understanding and involvement in an authentic way.
- The purpose is to identify and understand the specific issues underlying the customer’s resistance, lack of understanding, or reluctance to make a buying decision in the salesperson’s favor.
- Is NOT probing or interrogating
- The response is an appropriate answer to the customer’s objection: a recommendation, an alternative, a solution, or a next step designed to address the customer’s concerns and close the transaction.
Read some of our blogs on LAER: The Bonding Process®!
- LAER Bonding Process Essential for Effective Selling
- LAER Works! Lessons From the Field…
- LAER is Not Just for Selling