Target Account Planning Strategies
Target Account Planning Strategies (TAPS) is a proven business growth and sales strategy system that identifies key opportunities and utilizes a step by step plan for improving cycle time and frequency of sales success. The result is a more effective and efficient sales approach to keep sales professionals’ time spent on the highest impact activities.
TAPS is designed to leverage the skills and methods introduced in the Dimensions of Professional Selling (DPS) workshop to further hone sales skills excellence and elevate your company to “Preferred Position” among target accounts. This dynamic, hands-on program allows participants to use real target accounts to apply the analysis and account planning methods taught to the development of an action plan specific to your company.
Simply put, the TAPS sales strategy workshop introduces a targeted selling and account planning approach to increase the performance, effectiveness and efficiency of your sales professionals’ efforts in:
- New business acquisition
- Further penetration into established customer accounts
- Successful introduction of new products and unique services
- Insulation from aggressive competitive activity
- Prevention of price erosion in established accounts
Target Account Planning Strategies (TAPS) is a proven business acquisition and effective sales strategy system that identifies the opportunities for prosperity and activates a step by step plan for capturing more sales early and often. Energetically embraced and rigorously applied, TAPS will result in:
- Successful introduction of new products and unique services to targeted customers
- Further penetration into established customer organizations
- Increased acquisition of new customers
- Insulation from vigorous competitive activity
- Prevention of price erosion in established customer relationships
The Target Account Planning Strategies (TAPS) program includes the following components designed to leverage the sales skills and methodologies introduced in Dimensions of Professional Selling (DPS) to foster the acquisition of investment-grade accounts and elevate your company’s position in its target accounts to “Preferred Position”.
Moving Ahead with Target Account Planning
Carew facilitators begin by establishing the goals for the workshop, tying target account planning to your company’s disciplines and leveraging The Position Progression Model.
Essential sales skills and methodologies initially learned in DPS, including listening, “odds are”, personality orientations, LAER, Positional Selling, and Jadik Matrix are reviewed in a fun and experiential lecturette. Particular emphasis is made on those areas that will be used as part of the TAPS account planning system.
Adding Dimension to the Positional Selling System
The core learning of Target Account Planning Strategies begins by taking the Exploratory and Presentation processes to another level.
Key activities include:
- Developing a list of all potential decision-makers and their roles in the decision, and matching them with potential business needs based on those roles.
- Learning a questioning process for taking a decision-maker beyond the discovery of his/her current needs and helping to pull them into the future as it pertains to your solutions.
- Paralleling your solutions to their future needs and the future needs of their customers.
The Target Account Plan
- Participants are now ready to review the “Sales Cycle” decision-makers go through before awarding major pieces of business. They become aware that customers perceive that they need different types of relationships with their suppliers and that to be most effective, they must understand how they define the desired relationship and how to proceed once they do.
- Each participant is asked to begin to create a plan for a real target account based on the information they bring with them. This tool becomes the “roadmap” for developing an Action Plan complete with dates, responsibility assignments, and milestones.
Negotiate Your Way to Success
- Finally, participants are asked to put aside their preconceived notions of the negotiation process and openly examine some new ideas about negotiation. The highly interactive negotiations simulation is interspersed with individual and group activities that illustrate the conceptual and tactical elements necessary to conduct and conclude a win/win exchange.
- A customized team role-play provides participants the opportunity to practice the complete the negotiation process from preparation, through the exploratory and presentation stages, to finalizing the agreement. Before leaving this module, participants will explore how the various levels of position will affect the win/win negotiation process.
Target Account Planning Strategies is an action challenge sales development initiative resulting in detailed sales call planning, masterful execution, and rigorous follow-through. It results in new business opportunities, expanded market share, and profits.
Target Account Planning Strategies represents the critical path to be implemented for new business development goals in selected target customers. Join success with our proven sales strategy and contact us for information about our sales management coaching and training solutions.