Selling Skills Coaching
Selling Skills Coaching (SSC) is a workshop designed to help managers evolve to their next level of expertise by equipping them with proven tools and methodologies for maximizing the potential of every person on their team in order to create a strong talent pool, increase professionalism, and increase bottom-line results through leveraging your investment in your existing sales methodology (DPS or other). They will learn:
- How to assess performance using quantitative and qualitative data
- To use a “development strategy toolkit” that includes sales coaching and feedback that will enhance the contribution level of each team member
SSC is delivered in a high-powered workshop setting. The following provides an overview of the content and skills to be learned.
Module One – Skills Mastery
Modeling desired selling behaviors is a key component of leading sales teams to upgrade their selling behaviors. This module incorporates a review of the major strategies and methodologies and helps prepare leaders/managers to be more effective at observing, giving feedback and sales coaching.
Module Two – DPS Review and Assessment
The ability to speed an employee’s development from Beginner to Master will have dramatic impact on your team’s productivity and bottom line. Learn about the Performance Continuum as an assessment and developmental planning tool.
- Identify knowledge, skills, attributes, and contributions across job families.
- Acquire an essential time management tool to determine where to invest your developmental time with your employees for the greatest productivity return.
Module Three – Feedback and Sales Coaching Strategies
Participants pursue a hands-on approach for guiding employees to greater personal effectiveness. Participants practice effective modeling giving feedback, coaching and introducing reinforcement tactics to fellow participants.
- Prevent problem re-occurrences
- Increase mission awareness and confidence
- Save time by avoiding upward delegation
- Improve customer satisfaction through responsiveness
Specific customizations include customized role-plays driven from enterprise examples (these are created prior to the program and attendees are encouraged to bring an example with them to the workshop as well).
Module Four – Reinforcement Strategies
Institutionalizing essential communication and influencing skills is paramount to achieving on-going selling success. This module utilizes a Rep/Manager assessment of functional and interpersonal skills to help determine reinforcement and sales coaching opportunities. The manager/mentor reinforcement “tool box” is introduced in this section.
Module Five – Team Results Through Planning
The program is brought to closure through a brief recap of key sales coaching strategies. Leaders/managers will:
- Discuss “So, now what?”
- Participate in a team mapping exercise