Dimensions of Professional Selling®- The Odds Are Factor™
In order to successfully initiate the customer-sales professional relationship, a very important phenomenon must be taken into consideration, which Carew International refers to as the “Odds Are” Factor™.
As a result of surveying over 30,000 sales professionals from a wide range of business disciplines and cultural influences, we have determined that the “Odds Are” 2 to 1 that at any given point in time, the salesperson’s perceptual orientation is inwardly focused, and the information he or she experiences will be received in terms of how that information impacts oneself and one’s own world.
Regrettably, this preoccupation with one’s own goals and needs severely limits the salesperson’s ability to experience the customer’s needs, concerns, or problems from the customer’s point-of-view. In this module in Dimensions of Professional Selling, you’ll learn:
- The importance of breaking out of your own ‘Odds Are’ and thinking in terms of customer concerns to solidify your preferred position.
- How responding, rather than reacting, to customer’s concerns will help to establish a long-term relationship.
- Strategies for overcoming your tendencies to work out of your own ‘operating reality.’
- How to take control of your own preoccupations instead of letting them control you.
- The role empathy plays in influencing your customer to invest in the relationship.