Mentoring Sales Leadership (MSL) is a designed to develop the role of sales managers as coaches, counselors and effective motivators. MSL goes beyond traditional management skills to teach sales leaders to tap the potential, wisdom and rich experience which resides in every sales force and, likewise, to ensure that sales professionals are receiving the full benefit of their leader's insight and experience.
In an increasingly impersonal business environment, Mentoring Sales Leadership provides the emotional nourishment and energy needed to transform your team and carry forward the best traditions of your organization. An entire value system is communicated throughout an organization by those who mentor others. This is the same way values and ethics are shared in a family - by work and deed. Mentoring is an effective vehicle for driving your strategy and gaining a competitive edge.
The dynamic MSL workshop includes lectures, group discussions, team exercises and role-plays. Each program is customized to address the specific needs and challenges of your organization.
Energetically embraced, and rigorously applied and reinforced, Mentoring Sales Leadership:
- Increases self-reliance
- Optimizes resources
- Releases potential
- Creates talent pool
- Increases productivity
- Increases profitability
Creating the Future
This module establishes a positive learning environment, initiates a sense of teamwork, and provides an overlay for the Mentoring Sales Leadership training experience. This module includes agenda setting, program overview, program benefits, and program norms. Key activities include:
- Recognizing the critical need for mentors
- Assessing one's mentoring skills and planning for improvement
- Identifying one's mentoring style and the necessary style modifications for greater mentoring effectiveness
Establishing a Climate of Trust, Credibility, and Rapport
Focus on the importance of building high-trust relationships. This module provides mentors with the mental framework for communicating their interest and desire to be a mentor. Key activities include:
- Identifying the gateways and opportunities for creating trust and openness through listening to understand
- Developing critical listening skills for attaining another person's perspective/point-of-view
- Mastering a human-relationship or communication strategy for creating a "privileged relationship"
Planning for Performance Improvement
Face the new business reality with confidence and competence. Key activities include:
- Mastering a performance-improvement strategy for developing those you are mentoring
- Determining the critical knowledge, skills, and attributes for performance enhancement
- Creating a performance-improvement planning system for the development of individual business professionals
Counseling for Individual Effectiveness
This module focuses on making the right choices. Here, the mentor shares his or her wisdom in a thoughtful and helpful manner. Key activities include:
- Recognizing the importance of counseling in the performance-improvement process
- Setting the scene for effective counseling efforts
- Mastering the effective use of the CLAER process in counseling sessions
- Planning and activating the mentoring strategies that overcome the barriers to effective performance
Influence, Inspire, Initiate
This action-planning experience integrates the entire Mentoring Sales Leadership program into the consciousness of every program participant. Each mentor generates a "back on the job" implementation plan. Each mentor's positive attributes and value to the organization are highlighted and each mentor is encouraged to influence, inspire, and initiate positive actions. Key activities include:
- Embracing the positive attributes that build an effective mentoring relationship
- Integrating the knowledge, skills, and attributes that are vital to mentoring effectiveness
- Making the commitment to develop your sales professionals for greater individual performance
Mentors are vitally important for bringing new life and hope to the people they mentor. They provide the emotional nourishment that gives others hope and the energy needed to truly transform their lives for the better.
Mentoring Sales Leadership carries forward the best tradition of the organization as an entire value system is communicated throughout by those who mentor others. This is the same way values and ethics are transmitted in a close family - by word and deed.